The objective of the weekly ride is to promote cycling in all varieties (gravel, mountain or road) in Santa Clarita. Our Saturday morning group rides are a great opportunity to experience the excitement of riding with a great group of fellow cyclists. Sign in to Strava and ask to join the CBS Cycling group. Each week is a new route and you will be emailed with the new route each week.
We ask you to read and familiarize yourself with the policies and practices before you join a ride:
- All riders must wear helmets without exception.
- Do not wear earphones during the group ride.
- Group safety is paramount at all times; we will assist in helping you familiarize yourself with riding in a group.
- CBS Cycling assumes no responsibility for the riders - members or guests.
- Bring your own spare items: cellphone, tubes, CO2, food, water, $$ etc. - there is no SAG.
- Know the route. You may be dropped; but regroup point(s) are always indicated along the route. Be sure to let someone know if you plan to cut the ride short so we are not searching for you!
- You must observe all traffic laws.
- The route although posted on CBS Cycling calendar is subject to change.
- The rides naturally separate into ability groups as the ride progresses.
- CBS Cycling promotes good riding skills.
- The group WILL stop for mechanical and flats; call out and signal clearly when you are slowing and/or stopping.
- Please point out potholes and other hazards with an extended hand.
- Ride safely for your own protection and for the benefit of others; and remember to have fun!
- Bicycle riding is an inherently dangerous sport.
- Any biking related activity, including road biking and mountain biking (but not limited to such) involves risks.
- There is a real chance that you may get hurt while cycling anywhere and anytime, and these injuries could even result in your death.
- CBS Cycling does not claim to be experts in cycling safety.
- CBS Cycling cannot guarantee your safety, while on your bike and riding with us.
- Posted rides are open to public participation, CBS Cycling does not sanction rides - they are posted for reference only.
- We make no claim to the safety, control attendance or road conditions.
- CBS Cycling does NOT assume any liability by your participation.
- In no event, shall CBS Cycling accept responsibility for any injury, loss, or damage you might sustain.